Today’s card is an inspiration I got from a card shared by Christina Kowalczyk from My Paper Secret at the Clean and Simple Online Card Class – One Layer Cards. She did the same sharp color blocking technique but used embossing powder instead. I was inspired by that and decided to use a stamp rather than embossing powder.
Here is my card —
On a standard size card, I masked off an area at the center to fit my sentiment. Then around it, with 5/8 inch strips of masking paper, I started creating my blocked abstract pattern. I used the swirly stamp from Simon Says Stamp Life is a Journey set. That set is one of my favorites from SSS. I stamped the swirl image in each blocked area with different inks. (See supply list below with all the colors I used)
For the sentiment, I used the Truly Appreciated set from Hero Arts. I stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
You can watch the video below to watch all the specifics on how I made card —
1. Neenah Solar White card stock
2. Inkadinkado stamping masking paper
3. Simon Says Stamp – Life is a Journey stamp (swirl)
4. Hero Arts – Truly Appreciated stamp (sentiment)
5. Memento Tuxedo Black ink (sentiment)
6. Simon Says Stamp ink – Midnight Green, Island Blue and Lipstick Red
7. Hero Arts shadow ink – Pale Tomato, Butter Bar, Lime Green,
Soft Cantaloupe, Passion Flower, Mint Julep, Cornflower Blue,
Lemon Yellow, Orange Soda and Soft Pool
That’s it for this card! Thanks for stopping by.