Hi everyone! I’m here today with a card for the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge. The sketch this week is pretty straightforward and looks easy, but once you start making a project you realize that it’s not that easy than it seems. Here is this week’s sketch —
I immediately knew after seeing the sketch that i didn’t want to use patterned paper or washi tape to achieve the horizontal lines. So I decided to use watercolors instead. I used the Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads (please check the supply list for all the colors I used).
I decided to paint horizontal lines toward the right of the card. After painting all the colors, I stamped the sentiment from the Hero Arts Truly Appreciated stamp set using Versamark ink. I covered the sentiment with the Recollections Silver Detail embossing powder.
To finish the card, I added some Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
You can watch the video here or on YouTube.
SUPPLY LIST –
1. Strathmore 90lb Cold Press watercolor paper
2. Tim Holtz ink pads (Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers.
3. Hero Arts set – Truly Appreciated
4. Versamark ink
5. Recollection Silver Fine Detail embossing powder
6. Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh
That’s it for this card. See you soon for another another card and video.