Hi everyone! I’m here with a card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
For this card, I used the supplies that came with the June 2014 card kit. This card kit, like all the other kits is a great value and in my opinion one of the best kits that has been released. The theme for the SSS Wednesday Challenge is “You Gotta Have Friends”.
Here is my card —
I started this card with Bazzill Candy Hearts card stock cut to a standard size card with the fold on top. For the front panel, I used Neenah Solar White card stock cut to 5 x 3 3/4 inches. For the background of the white panel, I used a technique that Jennifer McGuire demonstrated on this card. Jennifer demonstrated this technique using blues and greens to create a water scene. I decided to use greys to create a neutral background. Any alcohol marker will do but I used the Fine Touch markers in different shades of warm grey.
For the flowers, I stamped the different circle flowers using lighter inks and the details of the flowers using darker inks. I will mention every ink color I used in the supply list below. For the sentiment, I also used the Favorite Flowers set that came with the kit. Using Studio G black pigment ink, I stamped the sentiment and used some Martha Stewart clear embossing powder to make the sentiment pop.
To finish the card, I attached the panel to the base and accented the flowers and leaves with the Clear Wink of Stella glitter pen.
That’s it for this card. I will be back soon with more cards from this card kit.
1. Simon Say’s Stamp June Card Kit
2. Bazzill Candy Hearts card stock
3. Neenah Solar White card stock
4. The Fine Touch Markers – Warm Greys WG 0.5, WG 2, and WG 4
5. Simon Says Stamp Favorite Flowers set
6. Studio G black pigment ink
7. Martha Stewart clear embossing powder
8. Memento inks (Grape Jelly and Lulu Lavender)
9. Simon Says Stamp inks (Island Blue and Green Leaf)
10. Hero Arts inks (Soft Pool, Tide Pool, Passionflower, Ultra Pink, Soft
Cantaloupe, Pale Tomato, Cornflower Blue, Butter Bar, Dark Quartz)
11. Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen