Hi everyone! I’m here today with a card for the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge. The sketch this week is pretty straightforward and looks easy, but once you start making a project you realize that it’s not that easy than it seems. Here is this week’s sketch —
I immediately knew after seeing the sketch that i didn’t want to use patterned paper or washi tape to achieve the horizontal lines. So I decided to use watercolors instead. I used the Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads (please check the supply list for all the colors I used).
I decided to paint horizontal lines toward the right of the card. After painting all the colors, I stamped the sentiment from the Hero Arts Truly Appreciated stamp set using Versamark ink. I covered the sentiment with the Recollections Silver Detail embossing powder.
To finish the card, I added some Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
You can watch the video here or on YouTube.
SUPPLY LIST –
1. Strathmore 90lb Cold Press watercolor paper
2. Tim Holtz ink pads (Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers.
3. Hero Arts set – Truly Appreciated
4. Versamark ink
5. Recollection Silver Fine Detail embossing powder
6. Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh
That’s it for this card. See you soon for another another card and video.
Hi everyone! I’m back with another homework card from the current Online Card Class – Watercolor for Cardmakers. Today’s card is a lesson from Day 3 where we looked into coloring images using watercolor. I was very inspired by Shari’s technique so I decided to try it out.
Here is my card –
For the main circle element, I used the Quatrefoil background stamp from Stampabilities and stamped it on Strathmore Watercolor paper using VersaMark ink. I embossed it using the Hero Arts white embossing powder. I colored the different compartments with the Tim Holtz Distress inks. I swiped some on my craft mat and added a spritz of water and picked up the ink with a paint brush (please check the supply list for the complete list of colors I used). I decided to cut out the piece and make it a circle.
For the sentiment, I used the Simon Says Stamp Thanks set and stamped a sentiment. I stamped the “Thanks” on some Bazzill Candy Hearts card stock cut using the Small Banner Shapes from SSS. Then I stamped the second part of the sentiment on some vellum. I attached the panel to the front of the base.
To finish the card, I added some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and Lawn Fawn. (complete color list in the supply list)
That’s it for this card. Thanks for reading. I will be back with more cards from the class.
1. Neenah Desert Storm card stock
2. Strathmore Watercolor paper
4. Bazzill Candy Hearts card stock
5. Stampabilities Quatrefoil background stamp
6. Hero Arts white embossing powder
7. Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard
Seed, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves)
8. Scotch Foam tape
9. Pretty Pink Posh sequins (Pink Peonies, Pansy, Tangerine, Lemon Drop,
10. Lawn Fawn sequins (Into the Woods – light blue sequins in the mix)
11. Glossy Accents