Hi everyone! I’m back with a card today using the emboss/resist technique.
Here is my card — (I’m still trying to figure out lighting, so please forgive this very dark picture)
I started this card with a panel of Neenah Solar White cardstock and I stamped the Hero Arts Tiny Flags background set using some WOW Clear Embossing powder. After embossing, I cut the paper in half and tried to resist some colors. I used some distress inks in rainbow order.
For the image, the sketch challenge I had an object to the right side of the card, so I used the Coffee Cup die cut from Simon Says Stamp.
I adhered the coffee cup and stamped my sentients from the What’s Brewing set also from Simon Says stamp.
This card is an entry for the following challenges:
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Emboss It2. CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge
Here is the sketch —
3. AAA Challenge – the theme was Resist
Thank you for reading.
- Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock
- Hero Arts Tiny Flags background stamp
- Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine 6×6 paper pad
- Simon Says Stamp – What’s Brewing
- Simon Says Stamp – Coffee Cup Die
- My Favorite Things DieNamics Stitched Stax Rectangles
- Versafine Onyx black ink
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Cracked Pistachio
- WoW Embossing Powder – clear
- American Crafts Heating Tool
- Scotch Foam Tape
- Elmer’s Dot Runner
Hi everyone! I’m back with another homework card from the current Online Card Class – Watercolor for Cardmakers. Today’s card is a lesson from Day 3 where we looked into coloring images using watercolor. I was very inspired by Shari’s technique so I decided to try it out.
Here is my card –
For the main circle element, I used the Quatrefoil background stamp from Stampabilities and stamped it on Strathmore Watercolor paper using VersaMark ink. I embossed it using the Hero Arts white embossing powder. I colored the different compartments with the Tim Holtz Distress inks. I swiped some on my craft mat and added a spritz of water and picked up the ink with a paint brush (please check the supply list for the complete list of colors I used). I decided to cut out the piece and make it a circle.
For the sentiment, I used the Simon Says Stamp Thanks set and stamped a sentiment. I stamped the “Thanks” on some Bazzill Candy Hearts card stock cut using the Small Banner Shapes from SSS. Then I stamped the second part of the sentiment on some vellum. I attached the panel to the front of the base.
To finish the card, I added some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and Lawn Fawn. (complete color list in the supply list)
That’s it for this card. Thanks for reading. I will be back with more cards from the class.
1. Neenah Desert Storm card stock
2. Strathmore Watercolor paper
4. Bazzill Candy Hearts card stock
5. Stampabilities Quatrefoil background stamp
6. Hero Arts white embossing powder
7. Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard
Seed, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves)
8. Scotch Foam tape
9. Pretty Pink Posh sequins (Pink Peonies, Pansy, Tangerine, Lemon Drop,
10. Lawn Fawn sequins (Into the Woods – light blue sequins in the mix)
11. Glossy Accents